Thursday, July 14, 2011

Strawberry Orange Cupcakes

Since my last cupcakes, Lemon raspberry turned out so good, I decided well why not try strawberry orange!? I pretty much used the same recipe and instructions as the lemon raspberry except with these I used all purpose flour instead of cake flour. They turned out DELICIOUS!

Just remember to make sure in the first step when mixing your orange zest and sugar together, to get it all mixed nice and good so the sugar is nice and fragrant! I got a little action shot for you ;)

I added the zest of 2 oranges, and wanted to keep going but I thought I better not over-do it !

Here is an after-baked shot


You can see the specs of zest in there!

These turned out to be a good combination with the orange cupcake and the strawberry frosting.
I kind of just whipped up my own frosting. I put in a block of cream cheese, a stick of butter, a few frozen mashed up strawberries, some almond extract, and some powdered sugar, and WALL-AH! Amazing!



Of course, I had to put some in the middle...



I am just loving the fruit flavor combinations...what will be next???
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment