Friday, July 8, 2011

Rapsberry Lemon Goodness!

My latest cupcake - Raspberry + Lemon = soooo good!

I loooooooooooove raspberries! I knew that I wanted to make a raspberry cupcake but when I really thought about it, I knew I wanted to mix some flavors, so I did. And here is how i did it.

Cupcake:

2 1/4 cups cake flour
1 tbs baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
4 large egg whites
1 1/2 cups sugar
lemon zest from 2 lemons
1 stick unsalted butter, at room temp.
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp pure lemon extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

1. Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
2. Whisk together the milk and egg whites in a medium bowl.
3. Put the sugar and lemon zest in a mixer bowl and mix until sugar is moist from the zest.
4. Add the butter and beat at medium speed for 3 minutes. The batter and sugar should be very light.
5. Beat in the extracts then add one third of the flour mixture. Beat in half of the milk/egg mixture, then beat in half of the remaining dry ingredients until incorporated. Add the rest of the milk and eggs beating until it is all mixed together nicely.
6. Add the last of the dry ingredients and beat for another 2 minutes.
7. Bake for 18-22 minutes and cool on wire rack.

For the frosting I used 1 stick of butter, about 10 ounces of whipped cream cheese, vanilla extract and a can of solo raspberry filling. It was AMAZING!!

Here, take a looksy...

Looks good huh?

They were very cakey, and lemony, and just plain refreshing! I took them to work and everyone scarfed them down! A big hit!


When life hands you lemons, make these!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment