Saturday, August 11, 2012

Zebra Birthday Cake Fail!

I hate that word.
Fail.
yuck!

But we've all done it once in our lives and failing is not that bad, really. 
I was asked to make a birthday cake from my sister. She wanted it to have pretty pink hearts and an anchor. Simple right?

That's what I thought! I made all the fondant pieces ahead of time and had them all ready to go. Then I baked all the cakes ahead of time making them cool zebra print! I have always wanted to try the zebra cakes and I figured why not try now. Who wouldn't want to slice into their cake and have some crazy blue and pink zebra stripes jumping at them? I know I would!

So I get to the day where I need to assemble this cake. I'm pumped! I stack the cakes and I'm feeling really good about it. I had also baked some cupcakes that I was taking back home as well so my apartment was starting to get pretty roasty toasty if you know what I'm saying. 90 degree weather, and the AC kickin', my frosting was just a mess! I had piped on some pretty pink flowers around the cake and all of a sudden they just started melting.

I panicked! 

A few words were mumbled and needless to say, she didn't get her cake. I did slice into it though to give ya a look at how it did turn out.


 At least it was pretty! 

I still wanted her to have a special treat so I did make an extra special cupcake in her honor.

 You win some, you lose some. In this case, I fought the frosting and the frosting won. 

At least the cupcakes turned out great! Next time maybe I won't try baking so much at once. Sometimes I think I may go a bit overboard :)

Enjoy!

I partied @
Crazy Sweet Tuesday!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment