Sunday, September 23, 2012

Raspberry Crisp

When Fall starts peeking its little head around the corner, I get so excited!
The colors are beautiful, the fresh air is wonderful and all the Fall desserts are amazing!
Last year, I am not even sure if it was a week into Fall yet and I had to make apple crisp. Then, I loved that so much that I made raspberry apple crisp. 
This year I decided I wanted to try a flat out raspberry crisp. Raspberries are my favorite fruit and I was going for it!

Are you ready to go for it?

Put your dessert pants on (you know, those stretchy elastic ones) because you are not going to have just one helping of this!

First off, gather your ingredients:
4 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup cold butter, cubed

Lets get bakin'!

1. In a large bowl, gently toss raspberries with sugar and 3 tablespoons flour.
 2. Transfer to a greased 9-inch square baking dish. (I had to use a circle pan because it was all I had left to use.)
 3. In another bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar and remaining flour; cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over berries.

Now I always add a bit more ingredients here because the crumble topping is the best!
4. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until golden brown.

There are a few different recipes out there for crisp, this is just one I chose and wanted to share because it never fails. I do add a little cinnamon in mine as well. 
I just love the aroma it fills the house with, it really just adds to that Fall feeling I get every time the leaves start to fall. 
I can't help if this is just one of the best times of the year!

Let me tell you, this crisp did NOT last long in my house!
 Mmmm...

So wishing there was some more left!
Maybe that means I just need to make some more?
Peach crisp?
Strawberry crisp?
Pineapple crisp?

hmm...so many choices..here I go!

Enjoy!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment