There are 3 different parts to this cupcake...and they all include alcohol, awesome!
First, there is the chocolate cupcake which has Guinness in it...then there is the ganache filling which includes whiskey...and finally the frosting which has Bailey's mixed in...eat one of these and you will have a buzz goin on!
Here is what you will need:
For the cupcakes:
1 cup stout (such as Guinness)
1 cup unsalted butter
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups all purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
2/3 cup sour cream
For the ganache filling:
8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
2/3 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
2 tablespoons Irish Whiskey (I used Jameson)
For the frosting:
4 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
4-6 tablespoons Bailey's Irish Cream (I used Rum Chata)
pinch of salt
Now here is what you do:
For the cupcakes:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 24 cupcake cups with liners.
2. Bring Stout and butter to simmer in heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add cocoa powder and whisk until mixture is smooth. Cool slightly.
3. Whisk flour, sugar, baking soda and salt in a large bowl to blend.
4. Using an electric mixer, beat eggs and sour cream in another large bowl to blend.
5. Add stout-chocolate mixture to egg mixture and beat just to combine. Add flour mixture and beat briefly on slow speed.
6. Using a rubber spatula, fold batter until completely combined.
7. Divide batter among cupcake liners filling them 2/3 to 3/4 the way full. Bake 17 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
They turned out beautiful, and the chocolate-stout really smelled very good, something that I have never experienced before!
Directions for the ganache:
1. Chop the chocolate and transfer to a heatproof bowl. Heat the cream until simmering and pour it over the chocolate.
2. Let sit for 1 minute and then stir until smooth.
3. Add the butter and whiskey and stir until combined. Cool until thickened, but soft enough to pipe.
4. Cut a hole in center of cupcakes and pour ganache inside or pipe using bag.
Directions for frosting:
1. Whip the butter in the bowl of an electric mixer. Add salt.
2. Slowly add the powdered sugar beating until combined.
3. Slowly add the Bailey's (or whatever you use) until you reach your desired consistency.
Frost cupcakes before you eat all the frosting itself! Yikes!! :)
Check out that inside!
The 4 amigos? Possibly the next big thing!
Oh, and I didn't tint the frosting green...a little too early to make those St. Pats cakes, and I just wanted a pretty white. Job well done I do believe!
I partied @
Crazy Sweet Tuesday!