Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A trip down memory lane...

Two summers ago, back in July 2010, it was my boyfriend and I sitting on our couch doing absolutly nothing. He looks at me and goes "Lets go somewhere. Anywhere you want to go."

Hello! Anywhere!?

Yup, we got up the next day and left for my choice of destination, New York! Why New York you ask? Well, I figure I will never get another chance to pick where I would want to go in the United States and you see shows in New York and hear about it, well heck, I wanted to go!

Now at this time we were watching the Food Network and Travel Channel religiously. My favorite show: Cake Boss. His favorite show: Man vs. Food. We knew we had to hit up at least 1 place that Adam has been too as well as go to my good ol' Buddy's place ;)

And we were off! Our first stop was in Chicago. We wanted to try out the Skydeck which turned out to be a long wait but a wait that was well worth it! Allllll the way to the top there were some clear edges that you could step out on, can you say scary!?

After this we took off for our next destination, Primanti Bros in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania.

If you have seen the episode of Man vs. Food where Adam goes here, or one of the many shows where they show the top 10 places to eat, you will know that Primanti Bros is famous for their sandwhiches that are topped with french fries, coleslaw and tomatoes. This is the only thing my boyrfriend absolutly wanted on this trip.

We made it!!! I am disappointed that I did not take a picture of the sandwhich he ordered, it was pretty awesome and he loved it!

Next stop, Hershey Pennsylvania to go to Hersheyland!!

I thought it was so cute how they had Hershey Kisses as their lights! We rode every rollercoaster at Hersheyland (except for 1, my fault, too chicken) and headed out to finally arive in New York!

Many days were spent on Times Square, eating, shopping and sightseeing.

I love pizza, am almost surprised that I haven't turned into one yet I eat it so much! I also love Mexican food so you better believe we had our share of mexican and pizza places while we were there. Besides, you have to try a couple different places to get the New York pizza feel right? No matter how many places we ate at, the very best place was called "Heartland Chophouse Brewery". I do not think I have had better food than what I had here, no lie. If you are ever in the area, try it you will not be disappointed!

Alright, alright, time for the main reason I chose to go here, Carlo's Bake Shop! When we drove by, we seen this line that went, well it was a long line I will put it that way. I almost just said lets not do it but I am so glad that my boyfriend talked me into waiting. The wait was a little over an hour, and once you finally got inside it was so packed you could barely look at anything! We went in with a plan: my boyfriend was off to get the sweets (I told him EVERYTHING I had to have) and I was off to get a T-shirt. You better believe that I was not leaving until I got a souvenier...one that I couldn't eat :)

And here's what we came out with! So excited!

2 red velvet cupcakes, 2 brownies, 2 white chocolate covered strawberries, 2 eclaires, 2 lobster tails (a must try on my part) and 1 t-shirt.

I was literally in heaven at this point.
Let me tell you, Buddy is an awesome baker.
I hope to someday be able to make treats that are this good!

My next hardest project might be trying to work on lobster tails. Anyone got any suggestions?

Well that is the end of my memory lane for one vacation...

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment