Thursday, November 10, 2011

EASY Homemade Beer Bread

Beer Bread! Yum! That is all I have to say.

I have never made beer bread homemade before, I have always gotten mixes to make it so I decided to give it a shot. I found an extremely easy recipe and I was thinking that "this is wayyy too good to be true". Guess what? It wasn't, the bread was awesomely delicious! I think next time I make it I might add some cheese or some spices.


I found this recipe at My Baking Addiction. Love this site!

For 1 loaf this is what you will need:
3 cups self-rising flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon kosher salt
12 ounces beer (I used Leinenkugals Red Lager)
2 tablespoons melted butter


Directions
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Butter an 8×4 inch loaf pan and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt and beer; mix well. The mixture will be sticky. Pour into the loaf 
pan and bake for about 55 minutes.
3. At the last three minutes of baking, remove from oven, brush the top of the loaf with the melted butter and return to oven for the final three minutes of baking.


The mix, you can see how sticky it is.

mmmm, getting ready to go into the oven.

Fresh out of the oven! I put a little garlic salt with the butter that went on top.

Look how good that looks!

Melted butter. So good.


Use whatever type of beer you want, switch it up, whatever you do, just make this bread if you want an easy bread making day :)

I partied @
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment