Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Mini Pumpkin Pies!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! 
Well, only a few days late but better now than never right?

I would like to share what I made for a Halloween party. I wanted something little, but still tasty so I made mini pumpkin pies that I found on Bakerella. Very cute and delicious!

I am not a big pumpkin pie fan, but surprisingly, I really liked these little guys :)

Here is the low down on what you will need:
  • 2 refrigerated ready-to roll pie crusts
  • 8 oz cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 cup canned pumpkin
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • pumpkin shaped cookie cutter
  • 1/2 cup chocolate morsels
  • vegetable oil
  • re-sealable plastic bags

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Use cookie cutter to cut pumpkin shapes from each pie crust. You will need to roll the dough a little thiner than how it comes out of the box.
3. Press dough shapes into a 24 mini muffin tray, alternating cups to make sure they do not run into each other.
4. Apply eggs white from one egg to the top edges of each pie.
5. Mix cream cheese, sugar, canned pumpkin, remaining 2 eggs, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice together until completely combined.
6. Spoon mixture into each pumpkin shaped crust.
7. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
8. Remove pies to cool.
9. To decorate, melt chocolate and add a little vegetable oil to make the chocolate more fluid. Trasfer to a re-sealable plastic bag and cut off tip to drizzle over pies, or draw faces.

My first batch did not turn out the greatest as you can see...


I needed to rethink what I did and decided I would use more dough and make bigger pumpkins. It worked great for the second batch!



Decorating time!! I drizzled my chocolate!



I even had a guest ;)



Oh how I love the holiday's!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment