I think funfetti cupcakes are so playful and fun that it was about time I gave them a try. I have some cute heart sprinkles that really made these cupcakes V-Day worthy!
Here is the homemade funfetti cupcake recipe that I used~
*Makes 12 cupcakes.
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 whole eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup milk
1/3 cup sprinkles
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cream butter & sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer until fluffy. Add eggs & vanilla & beat until combined.
3. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl. Add half of the dry ingredients to your mixture. Mix until just combined. Add the milk, and once mixed, add the rest of the dry ingredients. Fold in sprinkles!
4. Pour batter into cupcake tin lined with liners and fill 2/3 of the way full. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Let cool on cooling rack.
I thought this batter was so pretty that I had to take a picture for you all!
Now seriously, isn't this just pretty!? Makes ya all warm & fuzzy inside right?! RIGHT!? :)
I pulled these cupcakes out of the oven and was very pleased at how well they baked up. They were perfect little cupids...I mean angels.
Those heart sprinkles just 'pop' out so nicely!
Let's get to this jello frosting. I recently discovered jello frosting (thank you Pinterest!). It was so easy and well, easy. That's really the best word I can use to describe making this frosting. It is light, fluffy, sweet and pretty! What more do you want!? Best of all, you get to pick out of so many different flavors!
Here is what you will need:
3 oz package of Jello
2/3 C sugar
1 egg white
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 C boiling water
Here is what you will do:
1. Put everything except the boiling water in the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the whip attachment.
2. Turn the mixer to high and add the boiling water.
3. Whip on high for five minutes. (I put a towel around the top of the bowl cuz this jello flies!).
4. Turn off mixer and there you have it! Jello frosting!
Now frost away! & add some sprinkles because you can never have too many!
The jello frosting has some shiny specs in it, making this even more festive for the Valentine theme!
I added a few fondant flowers for a little jazz.
You wanna see what the insides look like? I suppose I can let you peek!
mmmm! A light and fluffy cupcake with sweet air-y frosting. What is there not to love? Cupcake-will you be my Valentine?!
I partied @