Tuesday, July 3, 2012

HAPPY 4th of JULY!!

I may be a day ahead of myself but the 4th of July just gets me so excited that I couldn't help but post a day early. 
Not only do I like the 4th for the fireworks, parties, food and friends gathering around but I also get a day off from work. BOMB!
That means I can do whatever I want tonight, and sleep in as late as I want tomorrow....Best. Feeling. Ever! :)

Since my co-workers and I will not be at work tomorrow, I baked them a treat a day early because I never miss a holiday treat for these ladies!

I knew I wanted to do cupcakes. I knew that I wanted to make them red, white and blue. I knew that I wanted them with lots of frosting. I knew, I knew, I knew. 

So here is what I did.

I made a regular ole' vanilla cupcake (which came out soooo good! Melted right in your mouth!) and then made a double batch of vanilla butter cream. (Evil laugh goes here)

I tinted that butter cream in red and blue and left the third part white. Which the red came out kind of pink-ish, but I was using red sprinkles on it as well, so I thought it would be okay and let the red sprinkles pop. It did!

Here's what came to be..


 I am really getting into the whole burlap thing. I could honestly probably cover anything in burlap and be happy with it! 

Are those pinwheels just not adorable!? I loved how other bloggers where making pinwheel cupcake toppers and originally wanted to go that route, so I got some red card stock and some old vintage music paper (glued the music paper onto the back of the card stock) and started pinwheelin' away...only to find out that 
1. Made them way too big for cupcakes :)
2. It is hard to fold card stock any smaller than that!
& 3. When I said vintage paper, I meant OLD vintage paper. It started ripping when I bent it. Oops! Anywho, they were still a cute little prop for my 4th Cupcakes! 

This is not my last pinwheel attempt, I will be back!


And here are some mini's I threw in there! 

Is anyone else like me and when they see a mini cupcake wrapper, they just cannot control themselves and have to buy it!? I mean seriously, I will not be called a cat lady, I will be called a cupcake wrapper lady. Ugh!

I wish everyone a safe and happy 4th of July holiday! Enjoy!

I partied @
Crazy Sweet Tuesday 
&
Whimsy Wednesday 

&
Frugal Friday
&
Sweets For A Saturday

&
Serenity Saturday
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment