Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Lemon Poppy-Seed!

It has taken awhile to get my second set of birthday cupcakes on here, but the time has come. I had a special request to make some lemon poppy-seed cupcakes and I think I found one of the best recipes out there. These were very good!

What you will need for the cupcakes:
2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flouur
1 1/2 cups cake flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 3/4 cups sugar
4 large eggs
1 tsp lemon extract (I used a little more)
zest of 1 large lemon (I used a little bit more of this also)
1 1/4 cups milk
1/4 cups poppy seeds

Now here is what you do:
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line 24 cupcake tins with liners and spray with cooking spray.
2. In a bowl, sift together flours, baking powder and salt.
3. In a bowl of an electric mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Beat in the lemon extract and zest.
4. With the mixer on low speed, add the flour mixture in three parts, alternating with the milk and beginning and ending with the flour. Beat until combined after each addition. Lastly, beat in those poppy seeds!
5. Fill cupcake liners three quarters full and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
6. Let cool and frost!


For the frosting I improvised. I knew that I wanted something cream cheesey so I made a cream cheese buttercream frosting and added some lemon extract as well as some more zest. Turned out fabulous!

I garnished some with tiny lemon wedges...

And some with yellow crystal sprinkles...

And some with birthday sprinkles!

Don't they look good!?


Needless to say, my second set of birthday cupcakes went fast!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment