I LOVE gingerbread cookies. Love love love them! So why not make gingerbread cupcakes, duh!
I actually wanted to make a treat to take down to my Christmas that I spend at my grandma's house. I seen some cute gingerbread cupcakes on pinterest that I was dying to make, so I did it!
Here is the recipe that I used.
Ingredients for the cupcakes:
1 1/2 cups flour
2 tbsp ground ginger
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
3 sticks unsalted butter, room temp!
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 tbsp molasses
4 large eggs, room temp!
1 tsp vanilla extract
gingerbread men cookies for decoration!
Ingredients for cinnamon cream cheese frosting:
8 ounces cream cheese softened
3 cups powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp cinnamon
Directions for cupcakes:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour & spices. Set aside.
3. In a mixer, cream butter & sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
4. Beat in molasses, then eggs, one at a time. Beat in vanilla.
5. Add flour mixture and mix on low speed until just combined. Do not overmix!
6. Fill cupcake liners and bake for approximately 30 minutes. Let cool completely before frosting.
Directions for frosting:
1. Combine cream cheese & powdered sugar until smooth.
2. Add cinnamon & vanilla. Beat until smooth. Easy peezy!
Here they are fresh out of the oven. They smelled SO good!
I frosted the top with just a ring of frosting first, and then dipped it in graham cracker crumbs. Then i used the swirly tip (I know, I should be using proper terminology here but bear with me!) to top off the top of the cupcakes.
Topped with a gingerbread man cookie!
p.s. The "Merry Christmas" sign in the back is a sign that I made my mom. I bought a silver tray for a buck @ a thrift store, painted it, then used a paint pen to paint the letters. :)
The gingerbread people did not want to be eaten!! :)