Saturday, June 4, 2011

Cherry Chip Bud Light, Alright!

What's better than a cold beer on a summer day? Well, a cold beer in a cupcake of course! I did a bit of experimenting the other day. I really wanted to make a good cherry chip cupcake, but could not for the life of me find a recipe out there so when I was looking through my "Beer Lover's" cookbook and found a recipe for a cherry cake I was like "ALRIGHT!"

The recipe was as follows:

4 eggs
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup beer
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup maraschino cherries

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a medium bowl, beat the eggs until they are thickened. Beat in the sugar. Add the vanilla, mixing well. Fold the flour, baking powder, and salt into the egg mixture.

In a saucepan, heat the beer. Add the beer and butter to the batter. Line a greased tube pan with the maraschino cherries. Pour the batter into the tube pan.

Bake at 375 for 30 minutes. Remove the cake from the tube pan and place it on a rack to cool. Top the cake with more maraschino cherries or your favorite frosting.

Ok, since I was not making a cake, and cupcakes instead I switched things up a bit. First off, I preheated my oven to 350 instead. I also chopped up my maraschino cherries and folded them into the batter. My batter was pretty runny which caused the cherries all to sink to the bottom. If I had to redo it, I would have chopped them up a lot finer and maybe not have had my beer as hot as I did.

Well, they didn't turn out horrible and everyone who tried one actually really enjoyed them! They were a bit heavier cupcake and I topped mine with a vanilla frosting. I'll let you see how they look!



Hmmm, there seems to be one missing...Who could have done that? :)

Ta-Da!
I encourage you to mess around with the recipe yourself and see if you can make a cherry chip cupcake!

Oh yeah, I used Bud Light, maybe I need to try it with all my favorite beer!?
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment