Sunday, January 8, 2012

Poptarts!

After the holidays are all over, I had some pie crusts left over in the freezer and was wondering what I could do with them. I seen on a few blogs some homemade poptarts and I thought that would be an awesome way to use the rest of the crusts.

I am more of a fan of toaster strudels (don't tell poptarts I said that) but when I thought of having the flakey pie crust and the cherry pie filling with some icing on top, mmmm...well you get my drift..

There really isn't much to making these little guys. Really.

Step 1. Take out the pie crust and roll it out making a rectangle as best you can.

Step 2. Cut an even amount of smaller rectangles, trying to make them the same size.

Step 3. On half of the rectangles, place a dab of strawberry/raspberry/whatever your fav flavor preserves is. I used cherry pie filling since I had a can left over.
Step 4. Place a rectangle on top of the one with jelly and crimp all 4 edges. Place on a baking sheet and bake for about 7-8 minutes until golden brown.

All nice and golden :)

Alrighty, next step! Let these poptarts cool, I put mine on a cooling rack. Then we will want to make our icing.

For the icing, mix 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon vanilla extract and 2 tablespoons milk. Once the poptarts have cooled, drizzle or if your like me, pour over poptarts and sprinkle with sanding sugar. (I just used regular sprinkles!) Have fun!



I partied @
&
&
&
&
&
&
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Love love love! It's crust, how could I not? Thanks for sharing on Crazy Sweet Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids love pop tarts! I can't wait to try this and I love how simple they are to make :) I'm so happy that you linked these up...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great idea!!! pinning!!!

    would love it if you could share this on my link party
    http://serenityyou.blogspot.com/search/label/Serenity%20Saturday

    Natasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, if my kids saw these... they would FLIP! What a great idea!

    I'd love for you to link up your recipes at What's Cooking Wednesday (http://thekingscourt4.blogspot.com/search/label/What%27s%20Cooking%20Wednesday) whenever you get a chance! We meet each week and would love to have you join :)

    ReplyDelete