Here is what you will need for the cupcakes:
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
2 large eggs
4 ounces good-quality white chocolate, chopped and melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup + 1 tablespoon milk
I used Ghirardelli white chocolate because that always seemed like the good chocolate to me!
What you will need for the frosting:
8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
2 ounces white chocolate, melted
2 teaspoons vanilla
6 teaspoons milk
4-6 cups confectioners' sugar
For the cupcakes:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line 18 cupcakes tins with paper liners.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar together on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
5. Add the melted white chocolate and vanilla. Mix well.
6. Alternately add the dry ingredients with the milk in 2-3 portions, mixing well after each addition.
7. Divide the batter evenly into the prepared pans and bake cupcakes for 20-22 minutes. Let cool completely before frosting.
For the frosting:
1. In a bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and cream cheese on medium speed until smooth.
2. Add the melted white chocolate, vanilla and milk.
Reduce speed to low and add the confectioners' sugar until you reach your desired consistancy.
These cupcake rose nicely and smelled great! Now time to decorate!
You may be able to tell that I went with a football theme...had to get pumped up for the Packers game this Sunday! I also made some mini cupcakes along with some regular ones. Hut hut!
Oh! Look, it's Jordy Nelson the puppy wanting to get in on some of them cupcakes! How can I blame him?!